Drug & Alcohol Services
Catalyst has over 30 years experience in engaging with people and supporting them to change and deal with issues surrounding alcohol and drugs in their lives. Because we understand that these problems can be in response to traumas people experience, we know that people can change given the right skills and opportunities to deal with their experiences.
The support we offer for people dealing with the challenges of their drug and alcohol use is delivered in Surrey as part of Integrated Services in Surrey (ISIS) and funded by Surrey County Council/Surrey Public Health. This aims to reduce the harm that drug and alcohol use causes to an individual, their family and the community at large.
What does the service provide?
The service covers all of the 11 Boroughs in Surrey and is co-ordinated from hubs in Woking, Camberley, Redhill, Staines and Guildford, to make support accessible and available. The service we provide is agreed at the first session when we look together at what change is important to you and how we can best work with you to achieve these goals.
ISIS offers different types of support suitable for each person and agreed with them.
- We provide a limited number of one to one sessions or ongoing group support with SMART groups for as long as necessary.
- We decide with you what other help might best meet your individual needs, building on the support package.
- This might include counselling, employment/training support, mental wellbeing or medical intervention.
- If you have more complex needs we are able to offer a longer, more intense period of support including home visits and helping you get to appointments.
- We provide needle exchanges for drug and steroid users combined with advice and information to help minimise harm.
We work closely with a variety of other support services in Surrey to make sure we can link you up with everything you need in order to make and sustain the changes in your life.
Have a look at our Catalyst Drug & Alcohol Flyer for more information.
can’t emphasise strongly enough how much strength and support (Catalyst) have provided”