Work for us
Catalyst are always looking for people with relevant experience who share our values and ethos to join our friendly and professional team in Surrey. Come and talk to us!
* LINK WORKER – BASED IN STAINES (FULL-TIME)
We have a vacancy for a full-time Link Worker to be part of our integrated wellbeing team based in Staines, working with people with drug, alcohol and mental health and wellbeing issues.
Closing Date : 5pm on Tuesday 27th June 2017
* ADMINISTRATOR – BASED IN GUILDFORD (FULL-TIME)
We have a vacancy for a full-time (36 hours per week) Administrator for our busy head office in Guildford. As part of the key team dealing with referrals, clients, volunteers and staff a across the organisation, it is a busy role which makes a major contribution to the work we do working with people with drug, alcohol and mental health issues.
Closing date : 5pm on Friday 23rd June 2017
* ALPHA EXTREME SERVICES – SENIOR WORKER (FULL-TIME)
Alpha Extreme Services (AES) is a social enterprise subsidiary of Catalyst which works with some of the most vulnerable and challenging individuals. Its mission is to enable clients to live safe, happy and fulfilled lives, by providing high quality practical support. Clients are complex, chaotic and often risky : many have mental health issues, compounded by drug and alcohol problems. Staff are highly skilled across a wide range of experience, conditions and risks. Through robust, holistic services, built on mutual respect, honesty and openness, Alpha develops positive interventions for people creating problems for themselves and the community. This Senior role is an outstanding opportunity to make a difference. For more about Alpha, take a look at the website. Please return application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
* PEER MENTORS FOR RECOVERY
* VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY – Family & Friends GROUP FACILITATORS
The Big Lottery Fund has awarded Catalyst funding for 4 years to provide individual counselling and family support for those using or affected by an individual’s drug and/or alcohol misuse. The team, which is called Reach Out, will enable recovery and the rebuilding of families and communities throughout Surrey thus improving health and social functioning.
We are looking for Group Facilitators to facilitate groups where family members affected by someone’s substance misuse come together to receive emotional support and information in a safe setting. The groups are held on a fortnightly basis and there are currently vacancies in Walton on Thames and Redhill – please contact us on 01483 590150 for more information on these venues.
- Work in partnership with the other group facilitators to ensure that the group works effectively towards “improving the physical and mental health and social functioning” of its members.
- Ensure that the ‘Outcome Star’ monitoring tool is used appropriately to track improvements in these areas.
- Receive initial and ongoing drug and alcohol and group work training as required
- Receive appropriate supervision
- Be able to access our CPD training programme designed for the volunteer counsellor
- Be able to access the Surrey Joint Training Programme to enhance CPD
- If you are interested in becoming a Group Facilitator within Catalyst please contact Gilly Miskelly on 01483 590150 or email@example.com
* OPPORTUNITIES WITH ALPHA EXTREME SERVICES
Our Social enterprise company, Alpha Extreme Services, has vacancies for qualified and experienced Outreach Workers to work with their team supporting complex clients in Surrey. This is an opportunity to provide high quality assertive outreach and practical support with daily living for hard to engage and often chaotic clients. Alpha are also looking for an additional person to join the team providing ‘Extreme Cleans’ – this requires a hard-working and mature attitude to people and circumstances and a willingness to tackle challenging situations to support individuals into a better home environment.
Both roles offer a well-structured and supportive environment and training. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief description of your interest and experience and any questions.
Catalyst is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications for full or part-time work. Those with personal experience of addiction or dependency on drugs/alcohol and who can demonstrate stability are also encouraged to apply for the above positions.
Registered charity no: 1075892 Company no: 3689561
I found (Catalyst) absolutely fantastic, so helpful and friendly”