Amigo Project looks to match volunteers with people who require support to move forward on their journey of recovery from mental health issues. Our volunteers help people make connections with local community activities whilst helping to boost confidence and increase motivation.
Note: This service was previously led by Voluntary Support North Surrey. From November 2021, the Amigo Project is managed directly through Catalyst.
As an Amigo, your role is vital to enable us to support people who have been affected by mental health issues who are now on their road to recovery. If you are interested in mental health, looking to give back to the community, or simply enjoy helping others and meeting new people, please get in touch to see how you can help.
As part of your volunteering experience, we will offer ongoing training, a DBS check, and continual support and regular meetings throughout.
Volunteering is a great way of developing new skills whilst also making a positive impact on people’s lives, and we believe this should be an enjoyable experience as possible.
To get more information regarding the Amigo scheme please contact [email protected]
If you are looking to refer a client or would like to complete a self-referral if you feel that you could benefit from the Amigo service please complete the referral form here and return to [email protected].
Please read through our referral criteria below to ensure you are eligible.
We CAN support:
- Are aged 18+ years old
- Live in Runnymede, Spelthorne, Surrey Heath, West Elmbridge or Woking (or want to attend a group within these areas if they live slightly out of area).
- Have a diagnosis of a mental health issue.
- Want to engage with a community group or activity, but just need a little extra support to attend.
- Are motivated in their recovery and want to improve their mental health.
- Are at a point in their recovery where they can leave their home independently as they will need to meet their volunteer buddy somewhere within the community.