Assertive Outreach Worker for Older Adults
Job Title: Assertive Outreach Worker for Older Adults
Job type: Fixed term until 31st March 2022
Hours: Part time – 21 hours per week
Salary: £26,000 pro rata
Location: Blended working with Guildford as base
About the role
This is a 1 year pilot providing assertive outreach working with older adult alcohol drinkers (60 years and over), providing brief intervention and motivational interviewing. This project will target and support marginalised communities from a range of backgrounds and provide home based care for up to 8 to 12 weeks to support reduction/stabilisation in drinking and reduce impact on health and safety outcomes.
The post holder will:
- Deliver tailored brief interventions using motivational interviewing skills to impart education and awareness sessions on alcohol use and impacts, assessing the risks facing the clients as well as those risks posed to others arising from the clients’ behaviour
- Screen clients using AUDIT – C and SADQ
- Deliver bespoke brief intervention tools from a range of sources and translate these to the client group to improve health and alcohol related outcomes
- Deliver advice, information and support to older adults who use alcohol and are at increasing risk, as well as to their families and carers
- Assist and support clients into structured treatment services and other relevant services relating to health and wellbeing needs
- Extend the service to include engagement with a range of health related issues, including Integrated Care teams, dementia services, GPs, nutrition, dentistry, mental health and Community Connections
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of all client contacts in a format that is specified by the service
- Record data that is vital to the evaluation of the pilot and contribute towards continuous funding
- Record service user feedback at the end of intervention
- Assess client needs and work with them to encourage and motivate them to take advantage of the appropriate provisions available within the community
- Ensure that any commitments made to clients are met
- Accept responsibility for own personal safety and to encourage the clients to adopt safe practices both for themselves and others with whom they associate
- Adhere to the Personal Safety Community and Lone Working Policy at all times
- Liaise with other agencies and to work jointly where appropriate.
- Attend external meetings as a representative of Catalyst when required in pursuance of the needs of the client
- Initiate letters and other correspondence to other agencies including reports
- Act as an advocate for the clients when required or refer to Advocacy services for ongoing support
- Support the Ethos and Values of Catalyst at all times and ensure that policies are upheld
*For more information about this role, please see the job description below.*
How to apply
Please download and complete the application form below and return it to: [email protected].
*Please note that we do not accepts CVs. You can send us your CV; however, in order to move through to the next stage of recruitment you will need to complete our application form.*
If you have any queries about this vacancy, please contact: [email protected].