Community Drug and Alcohol Worker (Woking)
Job Title: Community Drug and Alcohol Worker
Job type: Permanent
Hours: Full time – 35 hours per week
Salary: £26,000 pro rata
About the role
The post-holder will work to engage/re-engage, refer, and support dependent alcohol users and problematic drug users to access evidenced based harm reduction, treatment and recovery support to initiate recovery, build and/or utilise recovery to move into long term sustained recovery and social (re)integration.
The post-holder will be part of an integrated County-wide substance misuse service (tier 2, 3 and 4) specifically for alcohol dependence and problematic drug use, and complex needs (physical health, mental health, pregnancy, may also include learning disability, safeguarding and complex detoxes) within a range of treatment and recovery pathways.
The focus of all interventions will be:
- To reduce drug and alcohol related harm to the individual and wider community
- To promote healthier lives, wellbeing and active citizenship
- To promote and support individuals into both abstinence based and medically assisted forms of recovery
- To contribute to effective case management and coordination covering areas of risk, problematic behaviour, housing, social functioning, employability, psychological and physical health
- To promote carer, service user and community involvement
- To use evidenced based interventions based on best practice guidelines
- To contribute to the overall performance of the integrated service to ensure that contractual output targets are achieved
We are looking for candidates who have a diploma or degree in an appropriate subject and/or a minimum of 2 years community experience of drug and alcohol.
*For more information about this role, please see the job description below.*
How to apply
Please download and complete the application form below and return it to: [email protected].
*Please note that we do not accepts CVs. You can send us your CV; however, in order to move through to the next stage of recruitment you will need to complete our application form.*
If you have any queries about this vacancy, please contact: [email protected].