Drug and Alcohol Worker
Job Title: Drug and Alcohol Worker
Team: Family Safeguarding
Job type: Permanent or 12-month fixed term
Hours: Full time – 35 hours per week
Location: Guildford or Walton-on-Thames
About the role
Family Safeguarding is a community based service delivered in partnership with SABP and Surrey County Council and provides support to families affected by substance use.
The post holder will provide brief advice and education for problematic/ harmful drinkers, people with problematic drug use not in treatment, and will support those who meet the criteria to engage in structured treatment as provided by i-access, the County-wide substance misuse service. The focus of all interventions will be:
- To reduce drug and alcohol related harm to the individual and wider family
- To provide advice and education to parents who use substances re the effects parental substance use can have on children
- To work in line with Surrey County Council children’s safeguarding policies and procedures, understanding that wellbeing of children is always paramount.
- To promote healthier lives, wellbeing and active citizenship
- To promote and support individuals into both abstinence based and medically assisted forms of recovery
- To contribute to effective case management and coordination covering areas of risk, problematic behaviour, housing, social functioning, employability, psychological and physical health
- To promote carer, service user and community involvement
- To use evidenced based interventions based on best practice guidelines
- To contribute to the overall performance of the integrated service to ensure that contractual output targets are achieved
We are looking for candidates who have a diploma or degree in an appropriate subject and/or a minimum of 2 years community experience of drug, alcohol and mental health work.
*For more information about this role, please see the job description below.*
How to apply
Please download and complete the application form below and return it to: [email protected].
*Please note that we do not accepts CVs. You can send us your CV; however, in order to move through to the next stage of recruitment you will need to complete our application form.*
If you have any queries about this vacancy, please contact: [email protected].