Families, friends & carers
Due to the current Coronavirus situation, we have had to make some changes to our services to ensure we keep our clients and staff safe:
Family & Friends and Reach Out Counselling during this time:
- Face to face and counselling sessions are not running until further notice.
- Family and Friends groups are not running until further notice.
- Telephone counselling is available
- We are doing weekly welfare ‘check ins’ with our current face to face counselling clients
- We are still accepting referrals by email and telephone – click here to make a referral. A telephone assessment will be acrried out once a referral is accepted.
Catalyst offer support for family members and carers
We recognise that drugs and alcohol affect everyone not just the person who is using them and we are here to help friends and family, while keeping confidentiality. People attending our family/carer activities soon realise that they are not alone and that actually many of the issues and problems they may have are also being experienced by others. Our Family and Friends services are run by trained group workers and counsellors and provide advice, support, coping strategies and, most importantly, understanding.
Feedback clearly demonstrates that our services truly benefit family members and friends and are vital to their acceptance and approach to their loved one’s addiction.
If you live outside of Surrey, there are other organisations that can help. If you been bereaved through alcohol or drugs and need some support we would recommend BEAD who offer a fantastic service.
left feeling as a person who does deserve good things from life”