Alcohol Awareness Week 2020 – Alcohol and Mental Health
Alcohol Awareness Week (16-22 November 2020) is an opportunity to get us thinking about our drinking, especially at this time during lockdown.
This year, the theme is Alcohol and mental health. Catalyst are a Surrey charity and recognise that the two factors are linked. Our services can help support people affected by drug and alcohol use but we also support people with mental health issues, so a great week for us to raise awareness, reduce stigma and offer support.
This year we have produced a short video, providing a few examples of the services we offer to support drug and alcohol use and mental health – you can view it on our YouTube channel – Alcohol Awareness Week Video.
Take a look at the services we offer….
- We work in partnership with Surrey and Border Partnership NHS Trust Foundation to deliver the i-access service. A service that supports individuals and families with drug and alcohol use
- We can offer up to 12 weeks of free counselling for individuals and families affected by drug and alcohol use.
- We hold support groups for family and friends affected by a loved one’s substance use
- We reduce harm in our community by offering a needle Xchange service
- Catalyst High Impact (CHI Team) work with vulnerable, complex drinkers – we help them get the right support they need
- We work with other organisations to help rough sleepers affected by substance use
- We support people with their mental health and wellbeing with 1-1 support, group activities, out of hours support and offer support at some GP practices
We are aware that this year has been particularly tough on everybody and many people have used alcohol as a way of coping with anxieties, loneliness and boredom. If you feel that you would like some support and would like some healthier alternatives to drinking, then please get in touch to find out how we can help.
Get in touch
For more information about any of our services or to seek support, please get in touch:
Open as usual – Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm
Tel: 01483 590150
Email: [email protected]