Proudly supporting Mental Health Awareness Week
From 9th – 15th May 2022, the nation will come together to help raise awareness during #mentalhealthawareness week. This year the theme is loneliness, which is affecting more people in the UK and has had a huge impact on our physical and mental health during the pandemic.
Catalyst believes that connecting with fellow human beings is pivotal at helping improve mental health and wellbeing. Catalyst Community Connections offer a range of groups and activities for people in Surrey, connecting people together with an aim to reduce loneliness, isolation and build confidence.
What we offer to help reduce loneliness
Activities – Catalyst provide a range of fun activities that help bring people together. These are available for people across Surrey and you can register for free. To find out more please download our May activity timetable.
1-1 support – if you would like to talk to someone, we offer 1-1 support which can accessed over the telephone, online or face to face.
Amigo Project – if you would like to go to a group, activity or appointment but do not feel comfortable going by yourself, we can match you with a volunteer buddy and they will attend with you. Helping to build confidence and independence. For more information, please visit Amigo Project.
Events during Mental Health Awareness Week
We will discussing the topic of loneliness at the following groups during the week:
- Social drop on Tuesday in Staines – 1:30 – 3pm
- Connect social group online on Thursday – 10:30am – 11:30am
- Social drop in on Thursday in Woking – 1:30pm – 3pm
We will be encouraging attendees of our groups to wear green to support the week and help raise awareness. Photos will be uploaded on social media during the week.
Out in the community
We have an action packed week of events planned and will be talking to people across Surrey about all the services we offer, raising awareness of the support available to people feeling lonely, isolated and needing support with their mental wellbeing. The events we have planned are as follows:
- Monday 9th July –Guildford train station from 8am – 2pm. We will be handing out leaflets, talking to commuters, raising awareness and encouraging charity donations
- Tuesday 10th July – RHS Wisley from 10am – 4pm – we have a stall in the Garden Room at RHS Wisley and will be promoting our services on the day
- Wednesday 11th July – Woking Job Centre from 10:30am – 2pm – we will have a table and banner at Woking Job centre and will be encouraging people to come and have a chat to find out more about our services
- Thursday 10th July – UCA Farnham – we will talking to students, handing out leaflets and activity timetables to help raise awareness
- Saturday 14th July – Surrey Heath Show – 10am – 4pm – We have a stall booked and will be handing out leaflets, talking to local residents and doing some mindful colouring on the family fun day
If you are interested in finding out more about Catalyst and the services we offer, please come see us at any of the events next week.
If you would like to make a referral to Catalyst Community Connections, please visit the Catalyst Community Connections referral page.