The award-winning Safe Havens, provide people experiencing a mental health crisis with professional out of hours support.
Catalyst have been involved in developing and delivering this resource, working in partnership with Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Trust and the different Clinical Commissioning Groups.
What they offer:
- Professional staff, including mental health practitioners able to carry out mental health assessments if needed
- Peer support in a welcoming setting
- An appropriate alternative to A&E for those experiencing mental health problems and their carers.
You can visit any of the Safe Havens in Surrey and North East Hampshire if you are in the area, and find that you need support.
VIRTUAL SAFE HAVENS NOW AVAILABLE
As a response to the COVID-19 situations, the Safe Havens in Aldershot, Guildford, Woking, Epsom and Redhill which are still open for face to face crisis only, are now offering a Virtual link to provide much needed support. To access the links for each Safe Haven, please see below:
- Epsom Virtual Safe Haven, open 6-11pm: click here
- Guildford Virtual Safe Haven, open 6-11pm: click here
- Redhill Virtual Safe Haven, open 6-11pm: click here
- Woking Virtual Safe Haven, open 6-11pm: click here
- Aldershot Virtual Safe Haven, open 12pm -11pm: click here
The Coalition of Disabled People have worked with the Independent Mental Health Network (IMHN) to produce the virtual Safe Haven user guide – to view the standard version click here.
OUR LOCATIONS IN THE COMMUNITY
If you would prefer to speak to someone face to face, our Safe Haven service is still available for you to visit if you are experiencing a mental health crisis. Please click the links below to find out more.
Listen to our Brooklands Radio interview: