Specialist Assertive Outreach Worker
Job Title: Specialist Assertive Outreach Worker
Team: Specialist Project – Cuckooing
Job type: 2-year fixed term
Hours: Part time (21-28 hours per week, dependent on experience), preferably worked over full days to cover 9am to 5pm
Salary: £25,000-£27,000 pro rata (experience dependent)
Location: Blended working (Surrey-wide)
About the role
You will be working assertively in the community, within a client’s home and or place of safety, to ensure we provide support, and advice, and work with clients to understand what support services they need in their journey for the long term and to help build their resilience. You will use client centred skills to assess, support and refer clients onwards whilst supporting with immediate practical needs.
You will have the opportunity to work collaboratively with other agencies, including the police, to ensure risks are reduced and clients need supported. This role is ideally suited to someone who is curious about safeguarding, likes to work one to one and can balance outreach visits with administrative tasks.
We are flexible about where you work for admin tasks as a laptop and phone will be provided. Full days within core hours of 9am-5pm are needed, as is the ability to travel around Surrey for individual appointments. Mileage costs will be paid.
We are looking for candidates who:
- Have an understanding of empathy and the importance of applying empathy in relating with our clients
- Understand that integrity is not just our value it is our way of life at Catalyst
- Will share our value of genuine care for people
- Will understand that being friendly, thinking in a holistic, professional, and non-judgemental way is not a requirement but a necessity to achieve our mandate to our clients
- Will be committed and dedicated to our cause
In return, you will receive:
- Ongoing training on the job
- Clinical supervision and line management support
- Mileage at 45pence per mile
- An opportunity to join an small team who can offer on the job learning
- Blended working and options to work from home/office for administration tasks and work in the community to support clients
*For more information about this role, please see the job description below.*
How to apply
Please download and complete the application form below and return it to: [email protected].
*Please note that we do not accepts CVs. You can send us your CV; however, in order to move through to the next stage of recruitment you will need to complete our application form.*
If you have any queries about this vacancy, please contact: [email protected].