Outreach Support Worker
Job Title: Outreach Support Worker
Hours: Full time – 35 hours per week – Monday to Friday and daytime only (overtime is available over the weekends at excellent pay rates but this is not essential)
Starting salary: £22,000 – £24,000
Location: Post is mobile across the Surrey region – mileage is paid
We are a small team with a big heart and a strong stomach! Working for Alpha you will be a valued member of a kind and committed award-winning company, working across Surrey and borders taking our specialist support to where it is required; aiming to reduce chaos and promote safety for our clients, their communities and subsequently our wider society. We are proud of our reputation as a highly trusted provider to local authorities and other professional services.
*We are a Social Enterprise; owned and operated by Catalyst (www.catalystsupport.org.uk)*
Our Clients : We make every effort to tailor our approach to each individual; recognising and respecting their uniqueness. Our client group includes high risk/complex cases, where mental health, drug and alcohol issues are often involved. We are fully committed to ensure that this most-marginalised group receive a relevant and appropriate service. We are definitely not mainstream!
- Seasoned: Proven extensive experience working in a social care environment. A good grasp of the specific challenges around mental health, drug and alcohol misuse is essential.
- Empathetic: You’ll need to really connect with your clients, providing them with a high level of support whilst building up a relationship of trust, always remaining non-judgemental.
- Resilient: Confident enough to work alone, often in highly chaotic environments. You’ll be backed up by a supportive team but expected to take the initiative where necessary.
- Reliable: This is crucial, as you join a loyal team dedicated to supporting and safeguarding some of the most vulnerable in our community.
- Flexible: Every day will be different. You’ll have your own regular client base but will need to be willing to travel around our wide coverage area, always ready to adapt to new situations and people and genuinely prepared to “muck in” when needed.
- Tech Savvy: You’ll be very comfortable with using a smartphone and laptop to keep in touch, access resources and prepare detailed daily feedback reports. A solid command of written English is also essential.
- 35 hour week—daytimes only
- Great work/life balance
- Up to 28 days leave & birthday off
- Friendly supportive team
- Excellent training & support to progress
- Longer client visits (quality not quantity)
- Uniform, phone & laptop provided
- Mileage & expenses paid (incl. COLA)
*For more information about this role, please see the job ad below.*
How to apply
If you have any queries about this vacancy, please contact: [email protected].