Young Adults Safe Haven Worker
Status: Closed – this vacancy has been filled
Job Title: Young Adults Safe Haven Worker (6 months fixed term)
Hours: Various work patterns available (12 hours/week, 16 hours/week, bank)
Shifts: 5.00pm to 9.00pm (4 hours), 7 days per week *Flexibility around shift pattern is a must*
Salary: £15 per hour
About the role
The post-holder will facilitate a Young Adults Safe Haven (for ages 18 to 25 years) in Guildford.
The purpose of the Young Adults Safe Haven is to provide an out-of-hours alternative to people who would otherwise attend A&E when they suffer a mental health crisis. Additionally, the Young Adults Safe Haven provides a safety net to prevent them reaching crisis point. Experience of working with this client group is essential.
The post-holder will:
- Facilitate a welcoming and friendly environment
- Maintain appropriate records of attendance and collect any other data as and when requested
- Risk assess visitors attending in acute mental health crisis
- Utilise motivation interviewing techniques and active listening skills in order to support individuals
- Create safety plans for those experiencing suicidal ideation
- Work within GDPR and Information Governance guidelines to ensure confidentiality is maintained
- Provide a continual assessment of a person’s needs regarding their mental health
- Work collaboratively with partner agency staff to ensure continuity of care
- Maintain an empathic, caring and person-centred approach to the client group
- Ensure the Safe Haven is ready and operational as soon as the doors open at 5.00pm
- Ensure agreed level and range of refreshments (tea, coffee and biscuits) are always available
- Work with colleagues to monitor the impact and effectiveness of the service
- Attend external and internal meetings as required and as appropriate for the role
- Signpost visitors to external methods of support
*For more information about this role, please see the job description below.*
How to apply
Please download and complete the application form below and return it to: [email protected].
*Please note that we do not accepts CVs. You can send us your CV; however, in order to move through to the next stage of recruitment you will need to complete our application form.*
If you have any queries about this vacancy, please contact: [email protected].